Go back

Jumptree Employee replies by Jumptree employees.

incorrect login after installation

Hello,

After installation according to your instruction, I can't login (incorrect login ). I've made second installation from scratch with the same results.
What is wrong?

IIS, SQL 2008 R2, Network Service has full permission for JumpTree dir. Default ASP.NET 4 AppPool
Cool support...
I've resolved my problem by myself :-)
Hello Gruby:

Sorry for the late response and we are glad to hear you have resolved your problem.

In the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call or email us at support@ jumptree.com, we will respond in a more timely manner.

Thanks again.
What was the issue you fixed? I made it through the installation with no errors and when I try to login with the administrator account I set up I get the following message. I have reinstalled 3 times from scratch and this has happened each time.

Please check the following and try again::
The password is incorrect

I hacked the membership config to store the password as clear text and also manually updated the table to hold a clear text password and was able to login. I'm not sure why it wasn't working with the hashed password.
Hello All:

After research, we suspect all those of you who are experiencing the issue have .NET 4.0 running on your machine.

Please do check if that is the case. Typically, customers did
windows update and had .NET 4.0 automatically installed.

To resolve the issue,

Please open up PMMembership.config at the root of your installation
directory and find the attribute hashAlgorithmType=""

and change it to

hashAlgorithmType="SHA1"

The reason is, .NET 4.0 changed the default password encryption
algorithm and it will affect all applications on the same machine.
so do you think, this is best to solve the points by yourselves
Hi piyush,

Yes, you can edit the PMMembership.config in your root directly to solve this issue.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at support@jumptree.com.