1. In the Tasks Overview page, click the New Task button.
2. Project — select the project to which this task will belong.
3. Title — type the name of the task.
4. Assigned To — select the person responsible for this task.
5. Milestone — select the desired milestone.
6. Priority — select the priority of the task.
7. Due Date — type when the task is due.
8. Description — type a description of this task.
9. Click the More Options button.
10. Status — select the status of the task.
11. Estimate — type in the estimated number of hours this task will take.
12. Publish? — checking this box will allow clients to see this task.
13. Click the Categories button
14. Select the desired categories.
15. Click Create Task.
Although we highly recommend only assigning the task to one person, we realize there are times when it's necessary and even efficient to assign to multiple people.
To assign a task to multiple people, select the Multiple people option and check the desired users.
1. Start by creating a task.
2. Click the Add File button
3. Select the file you want to attach.
4. To add another file, click Save and repeat the add file process.
5. Click Create Task.
|Status||Purpose / What happens when a task has this status?|
|Not Started||Nothing special happens in the background.|
Completed and Duplicate tasks must be approved and closed by the task creator.
NOTE: Aside from the task creator, these users can also close tasks:
TIP: The duplicate status indicates that a task is identical to another task. This can happen when multiple people assign you the same task without consulting one another.
To alert the task creator, these actions happen:
|Closed||In the Tasks Overview page, closed tasks will show up in the Closed Grid.